Whether you’re sleeping on a friend’s sofa, worried about how you’re going to afford your home, concerned about your landlord’s actions, need guidance on how to claim benefits or you’re falling behind with rent payments because of drug or alcohol misuse – Launchpad’s drop-in service can help you get back on your feet.
You don’t need to be referred or book a time to come along – simply visit our offices in central Reading (down the alley at the side of Nando’s on Friar Street) during the drop-in centre’s opening times and speak to one of our friendly, trained team.
Please note – to ensure our drop-in is COVID safe, all visitors must wear a face covering and sanitise their hands on arrival. Sessions will be kept to 20 minutes, with follow ups via telephone if needed and visitors may be given an appointment to come back if the drop-in is particularly busy.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 10am to 2pm
1A Merchants Place
Alternatively, call or email from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Telephone: 0118 929 1111
*Launchpad is committed to the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided to us at our drop-in service. Read our privacy statement for more details.*
If you are at risk of becoming homeless, contact the Homeless Prevention Service at Reading Borough Council as soon as possible. They usually run drop in sessions at the Civic Offices from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday but during the pandemic, email email@example.com or call 0118 937 2165 and leave a voicemail.
If you have an emergency out-of-hours, call 01344 786 512.
In an emergency
- Dial 999 for the ambulance, police and fire service.
- If you are at imminent risk of harming yourself, call the Samaritans on 116 123, present yourself to the emergency department at your nearest hospital or dial 999.
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency, contact NHS Direct by dialling 111.
- Raise concerns about a child by contacting Children’s Single Point of Access: 0118 937 3641
Domestic violence and sexual abuse
- Berkshire Women’s Aid: 0118 950 4003
- National Domestic Violence Helpline (run by Women’s Aid and Refuge): 0808 2000 247
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Rape Crisis: 0808 802999
- Respect (for perpetrators of abuse): 0845 122 8609
- Men’s Life Advice: 0808 8010 327
- ManKind: 0182 3334 244
- Galop: 0800 999 5428 for emotional and practical support regarding domestic abuse if you identify as LGBTQ+
- Karma Nirvana: 0800 5999 247 for support regarding forced marriage and ‘honour’ crimes. You can also call 020 7008 0151 to speak to the government’s Forced Marriage Unit.
Drug and alcohol misuse
- Change Grow Live: 0118 955 7333
- FRANK drugs helpline: 0300 123 6600
- Narcotics Anonymous: 0300 999 1212
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 0800 9177 650
- Switchboard (LGBT+ helpline):0300 330 0630
- Support U (Reading-based LGBT+help and support service): 0118 321 9111
- StepChange: 0800 138 1111
- Reading Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB): 03444 111 306
- Frontline Debt Advice: 01189 569300
Health and wellbeing
- Mental Health Crisis Team: 0300 365 0300 or 0300 365 9999
- NHS Direct: 111
- Silverline (aimed at people over 55): 0800 4 70 80 90
- Anxiety UK: 03444 775 774 (Monday – Friday, 9:30am–5:30pm)
- Mind Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm)
- C.A.L.M. (Campaign Against Living Miserably – for men): 0800 58 58 58 (5pm-midnight every day of the year)
- Samaritans: 116 1ll