It takes more than a home to break the cycle of homelessness. Which is why, in celebration of 40 years of preventing homelessness in Reading, we are expanding our services and opening a centre so people who are homeless or at risk of losing their home can learn new skills, build confidence and get back into work.
Our new facility is just ten minutes’ walk from Launchpad’s town centre offices, and we are currently refurbishing it – thanks to the incredible support from our local community who helped raised £80,000 for the renovations that will get this crucial service off the ground.
When the centre opens in Autumn 2020, it will boast the following bespoke facilities for vulnerable people in Reading:
- a training kitchen for cooking and barista courses
- a DIY workshop and laundry area to learn how to maintain a home and practice self-care
- an IT suite for job searching and online learning
- a counselling service for talking therapies
- a space for creative writing, art, photography and wellbeing activities such as yoga and meditation.